“Ragging is totally banned in the institution, and anyone found guilty of ragging and abetting is liable to be punished appropriately.” The Supreme Court of India has laid down very strict rules for implementation of Anti Ragging measures to avoid occurrence of undesirable activities such as ragging inside or outside the campus. Any individual or collective act or practice of ragging constitutes gross indiscipline.
Ragging ordinarily means an act conducted or practiced by which power or status of senior students is brought to bear upon students freshly enrolled or students who are in any way considered junior by other students and includes individual or collective acts / practices which involve:
- Physical assault , threat or use of physical force.
- Violation of the dignity of female students.
- Exposing students to ridicule and contempt and hurting their sentiments and self-esteem.
- Entailing verbal abuse, aggression and indecent behavior
Strict norms have been laid out to ensure smooth induction of new students into the campus as well as to ensure that no undesirable activity takes place under any circumstance. All students will be made to sign anti- ragging declaration. Exemplary punishments will be accorded to the defaulting students which may include rustication from the Institute and handing over the defaulter to the police for dealing with criminal offense of ragging.
- Attendance shall be taken daily in the evening at a specified time. Parents shall be informed in case the resident is found absent. Mobile phones are not allowed at the time of Attendance.
- It is compulsory for all the students residing in the hostel to eat in the hostel mess at dining tables only. In case of sickness food may be taken to room with prior permission of the hostel warden. Mess timing will be notified.
- No function or a party shall be organized in the Hostel without the written permission of the Director/Principal.
- Rooms should be kept neat and clean, students are fully responsible for any damage to the hostel property. Defaulters shall be penalized.
- Cupboards should be properly locked. Jewelry, Cash and other Expensive items are not allowed to be kept in the rooms. The college authority is not responsible for any loss of such items.
- Use of Heaters//Electric iron in the rooms is prohibited.
- Director/Principal/Hostel Warden or a person nominated by the Director can check the hostel rooms any time.
- Relatives, outsiders and day scholars are not permitted in the rooms.
- Parents/Guardians should visit the students during specified visiting hours only in the warden's office on Sundays & holidays (Timing 9 AM to 5 PM). No male/female visitor is permitted inside the girls/boys hostel premises.
- Students are not allowed to meet any visitor, not mentioned in the list of visitors permitted by the parents or guardians which is submitted at the time of admission.
- Indiscipline shall be dealt with strictly.
- The students can not go out without the approval of their parents on a printed performa then only they may be allowed to go out on their own (Printed Performa can be collected from wardens).
- A student can leave the hostel only on obtaining the gate-pass from the hostel warden for the same and one pass is valid for one student only.
- Absence from the hostel without permission is not permitted. Defaulter shall be dealt strictly.
- The student should positively return to the hostel by the notified time, otherwise he/she will not be allowed to enter without the permission of Warden/Principal/Director. Parents are requested to cooperate.
- If any student extends her leave period for night stay, the parents / guardians should inform the hostel warden within 24 hrs. Otherwise serious action will be taken against the student.
- Students should switch off the lights or fans before leaving the rooms. Failure to do so will invite a penalty.
- Parents are required to inform the Hostel Warden when students reach their home.
- Students are not allowed to interchange the rooms without written permission from college authorities.
- Smoking and drinking alcohol/drugs is strictly prohibited in the institute/hostel.
The mess timing are usually determined/fixed by the hostel warden.